Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Boys Well Hung


When I was a teenager, I has aspirations of being some kind of polictical cartoonist.
At heart I am not really a political fellow and these hopes were fleeting.

This image is referring to the fact that the Indonesian Government will hang you if you are stupid enough to be caught bringing drugs into their country.
Now then - I think corporal punishment is despicable. Revolting. Immoral. Evil.
However, having said that, I don't think the Indonesian Government could make it any clearer that death is what awaits you if you are caught.
Every Australian at least knows, through news, and tv and mini series and popular culture, that if you are sprung smuggling hashish in Bali then a miserable life in prison and or a death sentence awaits you.
Yet people still continue to do it.
And every time it happens it makes the news and shitty Australian current affairs (a misnomer if ever there was one) interview the villiage idiot who says "Oh yes, the Australian Government should step in and stop this business".
How?
HOW?
Fuck oath.
It's nice to think that your country is like your mum - if someone pushes you over in the playground she'll come over and push them back.
But anyone sensible knows that this is not the case.

1 comment:

Girl said...

Ah poor me. I broke the law in another country. Wah wah wah.
Save me.

My mom would have tried to find out if I was more than just the pushee before completely jumping to my defence. If I did wrong I got in trouble as well.

Consequences people!

(capitol punishment is too harsh though)

 
Blog Directory - Blogged