Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Much Fury And Anger


Tasmania is a wonderful island state, as I've waffled on about several times before.
One thing Tasmania is not very good at is their health care system.
I recently discovered that there's a GP very near my work, much more convenient than where I usually go.
I called them up and not for the first time in Tassie I was told "We're not taking on any new patients".
Now then.
Perhaps I simply have an over inflated sense of justice but does that strike anyone else as disgraceful?
"We've got enough sick people thank you" is what they seem to be saying to me.
"We done our daily 9 to 5 treating you infectious lowlives, we're not doing it beyond those hours".
I told the receptionst it was disgraceful.
So I made an appointment at my usual doctors and they told me they couldn't fit me in until Monday.
I swore and walked out.
I have found a new place to go to and they were happy to fit me in this afternoon.
This whole shenanigans has made me extremely cranky. Posted by Hello

No comments:

 
Blog Directory - Blogged