Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Grace


I've been lucky enough in recent months to have one of my dearest friends in the world fall pregnant.
I've had pregnant friends before - I am very close to a 7 month and a 2 and a half year old.
Baby Ashleigh calls me Nikket - which I think is her version of Uncle Elliot.
It's been a little different with this other friend of mine.
She's doing it alone for a starter (with whatever help is required of course).
She's 6 months into it, and it's her first and probably her last.
I'm finding the whole thing to be the source of huge inspiration.
I've been drawing lots of "parent & child" images.
The whole thing is very important to me, and in fact often moving.
The above image is something I've been bashing away at for ages without much resolution.
I've been doing it in pen and ink and it's just occured to me that perhaps I need to take it to another level and paint it....
This whole baby business has had such a positive influence on my work, and a real direction, something I don't often have, and I thought I'd send the positive vibes out into the world for whoever cares to feel them. Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Elliot Cowan said...

Well admittedly I'm not the one having the baby, just the one providing the friendship and support.
I'm sure you'll cope with it whenever it happens, just like millions of other women across the ages.

 
Blog Directory - Blogged