Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Two Guns


This is the handiwork of one of my university lecturers, Terry Matasoni (who we called Terry Two Guns for no reason I can recall).
He gave it to me for my 21st.
It's a lithograph I think.
It's one of my very few treasures and will be sad to leave it behind when I head off overseas.
Terry always encouraged us to fill up our canvas and it was something I took to heart.
It did take me a good 10 years to start producing images that didn't spread from horizon to horizon but the lessons learned were important.
Terry was a great teacher (he took our life drawing classes).
I think he felt it was more important to love drawing than to draw beautifully - the theory being that if you love it you will eventually get better at it.

2 comments:

Oscar Grillo said...

Great picture!!...as you know, that's the way I see the world!

Elliot Cowan said...

Yes it is wonderful.
I often spend time losing myself in it.
I imagined it was something you'd enjoy.

 
Blog Directory - Blogged