Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Song Of The Sea

So last night I finally got to see Song of the Sea, the latest animated feature from the clever folks at Cartoon Saloon (Kilkenny, Ireland).


I'll admit that I'm pals with the director, Tomm Moore, and that I was asked to give some notes on an early pass of the animatic.
So I'm a little biased.

But regardless, it's really good.  Really, REALLY good.

It's touching and sweet and moving.

Animators will find a mountain of lovely design and straight forward storytelling and civilians will appreciate the honest tale of a family suffering from grief and loss.

This is not to say that the film is inappropriate for young children, the deeper issues are approached with sensitivity.

This is all mixed with the supernatural/folkloric elements native to Ireland which gives the whole thing a time and place. 

It's exactly the kind of small film that we don't see enough of (especially in the US) and if enough folks give it some love then we'll see some more.
Not just from Tomm, but from folks all over the world who have small, personal tales to tell through the medium of animation.

As I say, I'm biased.
I love the film and I love that it's a smaller film.
Anything else you need to know about it you'll sure to find on the Facebook page.
Please go and see it whenever you can.


1 comment:

Wandering Image said...

bueno review, SeƱorrrrr (roll the "R")

 
Blog Directory - Blogged