Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Tideland

Last night I saw Terry Gilliams amazing film "Tideland".
I have read nothing but poor reviews of this film and I have to say that those who don't care for it really have missed the point.
I've heard it also described as shocking and exhausting, and I didn't think it was either of those things either.
I'll add some more thoughts as they come to me, but my main point is that it was only released for a week here in London (which is strange to me) and that everyone in the rest of the world who has the chance to see it should support it.
It's a demanding film, but a very rewarding one.
My friend Carrie in particular should go see it.
The official movie site is here www.tidelandthemovie.com

9 comments:

Oscar Grillo said...

I was going to write something silly but I can't. "Big Fish" was another film panned by every critic in the land..When my daughter saw it came full of tears and embraced me and told me how much she loved me and how that film made her feel very good about me.
Film critics:0 points, My daughter 1.000.000.000.000.000 points.

Elliot Cowan said...

Big fish was a film I didn't especially like when I first saw it, but it has me in tears every time on repeat viewings.
Tideland is a film about the world of children and while flawed, is someting I think you will very much understand.

Anonymous said...

I can't picture you crying while watching big fish.

I'll check out the Tideland flick you're talking about.

Elliot Cowan said...

That's because you don't know me very well...

Anonymous said...

this is true, but I can still imagine.

donnachada said...

Shit, I've to wait till October to see it. Oh well, something to look forward to. Hey look, it's you and that Boris lad in the previous post. Looks like your up to no good.

Elliot Cowan said...

Boris is the good one.

Matt Jones said...

Oh man, TIREDLAND is the last gasp of a once rebel film-maker who's past it & is desperate to show he can still keep up with the younger generation. It bored the bejesus out of me & I struggled to stay awake. It tests one's patience to breaking point. I'd advise anyone to STAY AWAY from this film at all costs! But then I liked BROTHERS GRIMM . . .

Elliot Cowan said...

I thought it was beautiful.
I also thought Grimm was a major stinker.
I'm disappointed you didn't rise to the occasion.

 
Blog Directory - Blogged