Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Monday, August 15, 2005

I Have Not Been Well and am Still Not Great


Greeting everyone.
I've been sick and probably wont be at work long today either.
I've had an interesting 48 hours involving a great deal of coughing, snot, a revolting freezing sweat and a little bit of delirium.
I have watched several movies though which nearly makes up for it.

I remembered a quote about the animation industry at about 3:30 this morning and thought it was worth jotting down for anyone who cared.
I cannot recall if it was said by John K (creator of Ren and Stimpy) or Brad Bird (director of The Iron Giant and now working with the very hard working folks at Pixar).
The quote was referring mostly to executives and went something along the lines of "You have a great cartoon, and it's really good, but they can't rest until they've made it into shit".
So just say you have "Fred the Bunny", a successful cartoon show.
This is then swiftly taken out of the creators hands and revised as "Fred the Bunny Kids!" and then they set it in the future and then make a crappy movie out of it.
I'm fairly sure it was Brad Bird who said it but I cant really remember.
It struck a cord with me at the time. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Little Rock said...

Hope you feel better soon!

 
Blog Directory - Blogged